Hello, web-ryone! :) It's been ages since I last blogged due to school, work, and church busy-ness but finally, I found the time to write this blog about my most recent (which isn't really so recent) trip to Hongkong and Macau with two of my bestfriends.
I booked this trip just a few weeks before we left so I really didn't have much time to prepare any detailed itinerary. I also just wanted to break free from all the weariness and ho-hums that time and laugh and just unwind with my funniest friends so.. there! It was their first time to visit Hongkong and Macau but I was just as excited as them. :)
We left Manila on June 22nd via Cebu Pacific and arrived in Hongkong at around 9pm. We headed straight to Sandhu Hotel to leave our luggages then went straight to have dinner somewhere at Tsim Sha Tsui.
Our first day was solely dedicated for Macau. Our ferry trip was scheduled at 8am and we got there an hour after. I haven't been to Macau so I was curious as I don't know anything much about the place except for the fact that it is hailed as the Las Vegas of Asia. We got fellow Pinoys as our tour guide and their service did not disappoint. ;)
Our first stop was the Macau - China border. According to our tour guide, travelers need a separate visa to get to China and cross this border.
We then headed to Macau Tower to take some photos. This tower houses the highest bungee jumping platform in Asia. Will definitely try this the next time I come back. :D
Buses are the main mode of transport when touring Macau. We then waited and rode a bus to one of Macau's oldest temple, more commonly known as A-ma Temple.
| This isn't really at A-ma Temple but it's building next to it. Ganda lang. Hahaha! |
| Super pretty! |
| Lunch |
Our luxurious-hotel-and-casino hopping transpired next, just in time for the afternoon heat. Hotel shuttle buses are a good way to transfer from one hotel to another when in Macau since they don't charge you when riding and transferring ;)
| Studio City |
| Grand Lisboa |
| Venetian |
After all the hotel and casino hopping that we did (which was actually very tiring), we decided to go back to Hongkong already and just eat the night away. We wanted to watch the Symphony of Lights at the Avenue of Stars but unfortunately, the whole avenue was undergoing renovation at the time.
| How I've missed you, HKG! |
We spent our entire second day at Ocean Park screaming our lungs out on the thrilling rides.
| Btw, meet my friend Kenneth, ang Chinese cutie ng Taytay HAHA |
| And Benny, ang macho gwapito, again, ng Taytay :P |
On our third and last day, we went shopping around Tsim Sha Tsui and visited Lantau Island before our flight in the evening. Lantau Island is the largest island in Hongkong and it is where the famous and humongous Tian Tan Buddha is located.
| Ngong Ping 360 |
| It cannot get more touristy than this hahahaha |
| Tian Tan Buddha up close |
After touring Ngong Ping Village, we went back to our hotel to pick our bags up the hurriedly left for the airport.
Super grateful for my friends Benny and Kenneth for coming with me and making me laugh for the entire 3days. It was a short but definitely a much-needed and memorable trip. Til the next! xx
Oh and btw, here's a short video compilation of this trip:
Hongkong - Macau 2017 from Lean Jess Dela Cruz on Vimeo.
No comments:
Post a Comment